The Kukui High Alumni Marching Band has continued to do events over the past two years. Most recently, the band won “Best Band” at the Kailua Independence Day Parade, over the renowned and talented Royal Hawaiian Band and the Celtic Pipes and Drums of Hawaii.
Some photos are below, and you can also watch highlights in a Kukui High Playlist. on YouTube, courtesy band leader Gregory Kim. It includes:
- 2015-07-04 Kailua Independence Day Parade (July 4, 2015)
- 2015-04-10 Boys & Girls Club Maile’s Dream Event (April 10, 2015)
- 2014-08-13 Boys and Girls Club Kids’ Day (Aug. 13, 2014)
- 2014-02-19 Shriner’s (Feb. 19, 2014)
- 2013-12-05 Kaimuki Christmas Parade (May 12, 2013)
For the Lions Parade, Kim notes, the band represented the Lions Club from Lebanon-Jordan-Iraq.